Tuesday 1 July 2008

gormless

I feel gormless. The word popped into my head as I was looking for a catchy headline, and upon further investigation, it fits me to a tee.

I need a nap. Not a long one, just a week or so. That would cover it, I reckon.

Its not work, I don't think. Last week was productive. I engaged my colleague more than I have, and we completed a fairly significant task. On Friday, I even sketched out an approach for the next task; I was content that it had been a good week. This week is not, thus far, so good - finding it hard to get going - but it is young, and I hold hopes.

I don't think its the weekend. It was a good weekend. On Saturday morning, Mick and I had a late breakfast at Atomica and headed up the coast to Marcoola, picking up essentials like an iPod car adapter and a pair of bodgy-looking sunnies, on the way. There, we had a walk on the beach, a beer or two, and a few board games with Jesse, Ali, Afe and Trish. On Sunday we even ignored the grey sky and greyer surf to have a swim that was surprisingly satisfying.

I got home just in time to see the last quarter of the Lions losing to Melbourne. Maybe that was it - didn't enjoy that.

Probably, though, I've been staying up too late. Doing nothing can drag on late into the night.

One way or another, gormless. Lacking in gorm.

3 comments:

Sally said...

you are just trying to avoid the next thing on your to-do list

Lee said...

what's that? driver's license? ;)

You need to do something that makes you feel fired up to release frustration and build gorm (eg for me it would be a good training session at footy involving hard running and/or tackling practice).

Ali said...

Gee, can't imagine why you're tired... And LOTRO is not nothing.
:(