Monday 26 January 2004

It was a blah weekend to end a blah week. On Saturday I finally went to the shops and picked up some basics - bread, cheese, meat, apples, etc. It was a nice day and I made sandwiches outside. In fact, it was such a nice day that afterwards I went back to my room and read my book for the rest of the day.

Sunday was a little better. I walked towards town, stopping for a while at the Jardin de Thabor, a nice little park with caged birds and a botanical garden. From there it was a small hop to the centre ville, where I quickly reverted to old habits, ducking to a screening of "21 Grams" before some fast food. As it was only the second nice day I'd seen in France, I wanted to stay and do something, but everything was closed, so I walked home and read some more of my book.

The meat and cheese I left in the communal fridge is either hidden or gone. I need to get myself an appartment.

No comments: