Saturday 31 January 2004

The miscellanea continued this morning, as I finalised my bank arrangements by picking up my card and cheque book (no more wad-of-cash payments). Last night I tried the restaurant universitaire for the first time. It was disconcertingly reminiscent of college food, and conspicuously worse than the lunches I've been having at a similar bay-marie setup at a nearby shopping centre. It also represented the first proper dinner I've had since arriving, which is just shocking. In between I've had a few meals of meat'n'cheese, and a few nights without, the result of being either too tired or too lazy to walk out and find anything.

This weekend I'm thinking of jumping on a train to St Malo - people say its nice, and I probably need to get out somewhere, perhaps take some photos or something.

No comments: