Thursday 17 January 2008

how does my garden grow?


my garden, originally uploaded by jsteel.

I have something of a checkered history with growing plants. Nonetheless, my dearest mum has kindly supplied me with herbs and other plants for my balcony. She did the same when I moved in, but the only survivors are a peace lily and the chives (both of which are thriving, it has to be said).

In our last drive down, I was supplied with a pot of baby spinach, which is also doing very well, and some basil, which had a brief episode with a caterpillar, but since then is looking strong. There was also some thyme, but it has gone brown at an alarming rate, and I'm doubtful as to whether it will see out the month.

So, for the benefit of my nursery operator/mother, here is the current (actually a day or two ago) state of my garden.

No comments: