Tuesday 9 May 2006

Weekend of Warcraft

Another 3-day weekend spent mostly playing WoW. I'm to a level now where instances are in play, and playing a priest, I'm in good demand, so I've been having a fairly good time of it, finishing off lots of quests and generally learning my way around what is a very, very deep game. Partying with Julz, Mick & Paul has been good, but Paul is so far above that a lot of the time there's no real tension to it. Still, being able to voice chat (with skype conferences) between the 4 of us makes a real difference to reaction time. By contrast, the instances I've done with other parties have tested me more, since we've been punching above our weight. We ran RFK last night with a party of 24/26/26/28/31, and it was pretty testing most of the time, running lvl32 elite bosses that seem to come in 3s. That last sentence was probably overgeeking things, wasn't it ...

One of the very few other things I managed to do over the weekend was order some prints of my photos from Australia. I expect they'll arrive either today or tomorrow, and I'll be interested to see what they're like, since its the first time I've ordered prints of my digital photos, and I didn't photoshop them at all.

I have so little to do socially, especially compared to how it was in Brisbane, where it was just to easy to go hang out with people. Fortunately, we have a team retreat Thursday and Friday which should be fun (Aussie rules lessons on the beach Thursday afternoon, weather permitting and participants willing). Then I have a weekend away the week after, and I'm looking at getting up to Basel to see Chris for the 4-day Ascension weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having the running conversation with skype is so good, that I now find the game a bit dull without it. This is bad - at the moment i really need to be grinding to catch up to your characters...